Our life is full of brokenness – broken relationships, broken promises, broken expectations. How can we live with that brokenness without becoming bitter and resentful except by returning again and again to God’s faithful presence in our lives.
We watch the news, see the issues in our country and city, and see the big gap between those who have so much opportunity, and those who do not. We are also aware of all that is not right in our own hearts, and in our own relationships. This is why Christmas is good news. Unto us a child is born… It is this Christmas story that motivates the work and mission of Next Step. We believe that God’s kingdom is here, and that we (and you) get to choose each day how we participate in the restoration of this brokenness that we all see and feel. People continue to come through our doors, looking for a job, and a chance at a hopeful future. We receive letters from those in prison, asking us to pray for them, and to open our doors to them when they are released. There is more work to do.
Highlights From 2018
- We thankful to share that our ‘100 Garden Capital Project’ has been fully funded. This has been a 3-year journey of faith, and a lot of hard work! With your help, we raised over 1.9 million dollars, and now have a 24,000 sq/ft facility to serve our core mission
- Next Step Manufacturing Division: We are just coming to the end of our second year of this new step into manufacturing, and it has been a great fit. To date, we have provided over 20,000 hours of paid work to those who are on our team. This is just the beginning. In the last month, we have added two new contracts, and are now effectively using ALL 24,000 sq/ft. of the building.
- We are now providing health insurance to all full-time members of the Next Step team. This is a huge investment and one that will bring stability to all members.
We are reminded each day that we need the support of the community to keep this project going. Please keep us in your prayers, both the leadership/board and our team, as they make bold steps forward into a new way of doing life. And please see our website, www.NextStep-WM.org, to follow our new blog posts, or make a donation. We pray that you are encouraged by this work, and have a great Christmas!
A Note From Scott
As 2018 comes to a close, I write you with a heart filled with thankfulness, testifying to God’s mercy and provision. I have the privilege of leading Next Step and witnessing how God lives and moves in this beautiful part of our City. Gratefulness rises up as I reflect on:
- A generous community that trusts us to be good stewards
- A generous and skilled staff that leads with grace and humility.
- The build out of 100 Garden to LEED standards.
- Continued work opportunities that help us achieve 80% sustainability.
- The need for more space. We are at max capacity within a month of buildout completion.
- The privilege to share hope with many who are not participating in this continued economic boom and time of prosperity.
Thank you for being part of our story and the good work being done here in 49507. May our Lord bless and keep you, make his face shine on you and may he give you his peace.