Sustainability is a strong component of Next Step’s social enterprise nonprofit model. As a result of our work projects, our revenue provides employment and makes us nearly 85% sustainable.
Yet, through the generosity of donors we are able to go beyond and offer skills training, provide top notch benefits to teammates, and choose relationship over efficiencies and people over profit while working and building community with vulnerable individuals every day.
Your gifts make a huge impact and make our innovative and people-centered model possible.
Next Step of West Michigan is a 501(c)3 and contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
Transformation happens through supportive community. Every day we are building community with each other and that is only possible when our larger community joins us in this work.
Volunteers are an integral part of making this work possible and helping this community grow.
Our current needs are:
• Preparing and bringing breakfast for our skills training program and public works program members
• Manning a pop-up shop of wood products created by our training program members
• Guest speakers and experts to come visit and share with our skills training program members
• Photographers to capture our work and the beautiful wood products we create
• Designers and marketers to tell our story and help us grow
WORK WITH US
Are you experiencing barriers to employment? We are always seeking individuals who are serious about taking the next step in their life, learning new skills, and becoming part of a strong team. Next Step provides second chance employment opportunities.
Fill out the form below or stop by our office at 100 Garden St SE. Know someone who is looking for work and would be a fit to work with us? Please refer them.